Working on a top

Standard

I say ‘working on’ but technically, according to the pattern, I’m done. 

I made this top up yesterday and… I hate it.

I tried styling it to see if it would help



And it does!! But not enough. So I’m fiddling around with it trying to get it right



putting a snap here so I’m not supporting indecent exposure

adding a back pleat, made by snapping the excess into place, to reduce bulk and get a more flattering fit



Here’s a comparison. I think the alterations will make this into a shirt I will actually wear. The fabric is too heavy for this pattern. It seemed light enough, but the peplum ended up quite stuff!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s